6.20.2012

Odds and ends...


Here we are, again, with no biz reporter... Wishing Jamie all the best in her new endeavor, she's already sorely missed around here.
I'll be taking over the reins of the blog while we try to fill this position. Hopefully I'll be introducing a new biz reporter to you in no time. (Interested in applying or know someone who is? Here's the info.)

I've got a few biz tidbits for you, gleaned from around the internet.

1. 51 Front Wine Bar & Bistro in Ballston Spa has new owners and had a grand re-opening last week. (Full credit to Table Hopping's Steve Barnes for first writing about this change.) According to the restaurant's website, Joe and Elena Marosek bought the restaurant from former owners, Carolyn and Scott Frances. (Here's a story we wrote in 2008 about the Franceses selling their former restaurant, Eartha's Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, and planning to open 51 Front.) Check out 51 Front's facebook page for more information and delicious-looking photos of their menu offerings. We'll have more on this just as soon as we have a reporter to assign to cover it (get used to hearing me say that...).

2. Dan DeFedericis reports on his Fun in Saratoga blog that the Trackside Grill is open for the season.

3. I chatted with (read: chased around the sidewalk while he carried equipment from his car) a man who was doing work on the former location of Divinyl Revolution on Broadway a couple weeks ago, he told me he was preparing the location to become a men's clothing store. He said it will be a Dunday's store -- Dunday's is a menswear store with a location in Gloversville, here's their website. 

4. Right next door, in the former home of Elle Ced, a new home good store opened last week. Read intern Chynna Johnson's story on Homessence here. 

5. I got a call from John at Caputo's Pizzeria last week to tell me about a recently-completed renovation and expansion at the Route 50 pizzeria. Apparently they can now seat 80 people. I've never had pizza from Caputo's, but I consistently see it named as one of the best in the area, so I think I'm missing out. Here's their website. Again, I hope we'll have more on this soon.

6. This, from my inbox:
Saratoga South Boutique now open in Malta.
The exciting new gift store located in the Shops of Malta (intersection Rt 9 & 67) has been given life by Joan Rello of Malta. “My life dramatically changed when I was offered early retirement last year. The idea of owning and operating my own business after 35 years in the corporate world is becoming a reality”.

Saratoga South Boutique is a fulfillment of Joan Rello’s dream gift shop that offers a relaxed atmosphere along with one-of-a-kind items.
 
-- Emily





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home