7.19.2011

Track changes: Worth it? Let me know.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to quickly post a reaction in regards to today's previous post that featured the full article about changes in the food and beverage businesses at the Saratoga Race Course for the upcoming 2011 racing season.

They had me at $3 12 ounce Coors drafts. I'm sure there will be a lot of thirsty trackgoers who will rejoice in this news. In previous years, the cheapest domestic beer available was a 20 oz. draft for $6.75. This could mean that fans won't go through the effort of lugging a full cooler of beer into the track simply to save a few bucks.

But, on the other side, it's sad to see many of the local vendors go at the track. Granted, Carvel wasn't exactly local, but what about soft serve? Maybe Ben and Jerry's should look into that. I know I like my twist cone with rainbow sprinkles at the track just as much as the next racing fan. But the lemonade kids and P&H Popcorn, well they've been there forever, and although we have lower prices on all the same items, is it worth it?

I don't know the answer, but I'm curious as to what you out there in the Saratoga community think.

Please let me know any and all comments, feedback, response - Are cheap beers worth nixing our local staples at the track? Let me know what you think here or on Twitter @suzannaklourie or email at slourie@saratogian.com - I'd be happy to interview anyone who wants to chat about the food & bev. changes at the track this year.

I'll also be at the track's media tour of all the food/beverage and style changes tomorrow morning at 11 a.m. so if there are any questions you'd like me to ask let me know!

Cheers,

SKL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See if the rumor is true that 'Restaurant Row" will be gone in 2012...Permanent building for "At the Rail"?....two-three story buildisng for the Sky boxes ? Why the new fencing with the copper tops (hot day-touch = OUCH !)? Renting chairs moved to the Pizza on Wheels location. Is NYRA running the souvenir stores ? New WTEN 'studio' booth....

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:17:00 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spac needs to learn from this and cut their prices too. $11 to $13 for a beer! No wonder people want to stay in the parking lot for as long as possible

Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:53:00 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home