5.04.2015

Bluebird Home Décor moves to larger space in downtown Troy

Displaying Bluebird2.jpg
Bluebird Home Décor is happy to announce a move into a larger space just a few doors down from the current location at 29 3rd St. in downtown Troy. 


Since May 1, Bluebird Home Décor now calls 11 3rd Street its new home! 

Proprietor Nicolle Broughton  opened Bluebird Home Décor in August of 2013, and outgrew the space rather quickly.  She had a good feeling about Troy back at the opening in 2013, and her instincts were correct.  There has been a great response from the people in Troy to the artwork, painted furniture, upcycled vintage décor and lighting. 

The new store at 11 3rd St. will carry many of the same items with some fun new additions such as Nicolle's new line of wall hangings and fiber art.

For anyone interested in workshops, there will be some great new furniture painting classes as well as art-making workshops available soon!

--
From the owner:

Since I was a child I've dreamt of opening my own shop. For a long time I imagined selling up-cycled and vintage clothing which led me to SUNY Oneonta where I graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising and Textiles. Upon graduation though I knew my true passion was in vintage pieces and home décor. Opening Bluebird was a dream come true, and the past two years have allowed me to learn what I actually like, want, and need in a shop. While my first location was great to me it simply was holding me back. After 8 months of searching for the right spot for expansion the perfect space finally opened up. What makes this new location so special is that it has allowed me (with my team of experts :)) to transform the space and really bring my 'dream vision' to life. We are also excited to announce that we will be offering a series of workshops in the new space, along with some great new merchandise.

As the owner of Bluebird I couldn't be more excited to finally be moved into my dream space. Two years ago, when I was just starting the business I was certain Troy was where I wanted to be. I had high hopes for the shop and Troy in general and have been blown away by the growth here. The city has been wonderful to me and I am so excited to show Troy what Bluebird is all about.


From the mayor:

“It’s wonderful to see a business in Downtown Troy that is expanding and has chosen to stay in our beautiful city. Nicolle and her talent and dedication are a direct reflection of her success and we wish her the best of luck in her new location.

Photo by Erin Pihlaja, Troy BID

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home