2.01.2010

Spoken boutique in the works

Adirondack Trust has closed a deal with a new tenant in its Mabee building, a bank official says.

First-time business owner Pam Worth, of Wilton, will today begin her lease on the space formerly occupied by Haute Mama at 27 Church St. Worth is planning to open a women’s clothing, jewelry and accessories store called Spoken this spring, when a major redecorating project is finished.

The space has been vacant since Sarah Otto closed her maternity clothing store in mid-November.

“I have lived in Saratoga my whole life and I am a huge fan of the downtown business area,” said Worth, 47. “This is something I have wanted to do for a long time.”

Worth, a longtime buyer and merchandiser for Sutton’s Marketplace in Queensbury, said she left the job after 22 years “to pursue a dream of mine.”

While she admits that women’s clothing stores are “a dime a dozen” in downtown Saratoga Springs, Worth expressed confidence about her new venture. “I’m catering to someone my age who wants to put something on and feel fabulous,” she said. “Customer service is my foundation, and I think that’s lacking in some stores.”

As an incubator business, Spoken has five years to establish itself in the Mabee building before Worth’s agreement with Adirondack Trust requires her to find a new venue.

“It’s considerably less to rent than what’s on Broadway,” Worth said of her location. “I’m grateful for the support of the bank. It’s a great fit for me.”

Check back for contact information when it's available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home